This architectural element was originally carved as part of a frieze for the facade of a court house in Leeds, England. The owl is a prominent figure in the Leeds' Coat of Arms. The court house was built in the early 1800s and demolished in 1905, at which time it was bought for a private garden in Kirstall, England. The Kirstall house was also demolished in 1985 and the owl plinth was moved to an estate in Lincolnshire, England. This is carved stone with a beautiful patina. Circa 1810.