Antique Owl Plinth

This architectural element was originally carved as part of a frieze for the facade of a court house in Leeds, England. The owl is a prominent figure in the Leeds' Coat of Arms.  The court house was built in the early 1800s and demolished in 1905, at which time it was bought for a private garden in Kirstall, England.  The Kirstall house was also demolished in 1985 and the owl plinth was moved to an estate in Lincolnshire, England.   This is carved stone with a beautiful patina.  Circa 1810.

**Sold**

Additional Information


Product Code: AQE-OWB

  • Base:

    23" x 18"

  • Top:

    24" x 24"

  • Height:

    38"